In partnership with St. Ives CC, I will be running some Road and Time Trial training sessions at Alconbury Airfield on Tuesday evenings on the following dates. These sessions are open to anyone aged Under 18 who wants to improve their skills whether they are already racing or are a novice rider. The series of sessions will finish with an evening of Go-Ride Racing.
- Tues 23rd April – Starts, riding with others, cornering, sprinting
- Tues 30th April – Riding on a wheel, cornering with others, gear selection, TT starts
- Tues 7th May – Bunch riding skills, taking a bottle, sprinting with others, advanced cornering
- Tues 14th May – Team Time Trial, sprint lead outs, pitstops, echelons
- Tues 21st May – Tour de Alconbury Go-Ride Racing 3 event Stage Race (Under 16’s)
- Anyone aged 8 – 18 is welcome.
- Road bikes recommended (I have a few available to lend to those aged 12+, contact me for details)
- No aero/tri bars fitted to bikes.
- £3 per session.
- Sign on by 6:45pm Ready to start at 7pm sharp.
- Finish by 8:15pm.
Anyone who intends to come needs to register with me in advance. Security will need to check you in to the site. I just need your name and age. Once you have registered then I will give you on-site directions.
Go-Ride Coach (Eastern)
British Cycling, National Cycling Centre, Stuart Street, Manchester, M11 4DQ
Telephone: Mobile: +44 (0)7534 281271 | britishcycling.org.uk